Two Wheeler

The latest manufacturing stories and developments around Two Wheelers.

Two Wheeler News

Ducati says it has been able to successfully transform from a desk-centric company into a mobile-first company in a few days

Renewed IT infrastructure supports smart working at Ducati


The completely renewed IT infrastructure at Borgo Panigale enables the company to manage the transition of its employees’ work into smart working mode

Ducati is starting a phased return to production at its Borgo Panigale factory

Production resumes at Ducati Borgo Panigale


The company says operations are being restarted with the minimum number of employees needed to resume production and research activities

ABB Vinfast 5

The future on two wheels

2019-09-15T18:41:00+01:00By and sponsor partner

Advanced robotics and digitisation technologies can ensure motorcycle companies meet the needs of the industry


The future on two-wheels


The two-wheel sector is mirroring the car market with a host of new manufacturers challenging the established OEMs and launching a new generation of electric motorcycles and scooters. Nick Holt reports

BMW C Evolution

Two-wheel e-mobility


BMW’s e-mobility ambitions have not been limited to four wheels; Nick Holt visits the company’s Berlin plant to see how its sophisticated C evolution maxi scooter is built

Honda Abdul Monem

Honda breaks ground at motorbike plant

2017-11-06T16:46:00+00:00By and

Bangladesh – The joint venture Bangladesh Honda Private Limited (BHL) is building a factory on 101,171 sq.m of land at Abdul Monem Economic Zone in Munshiganj District, Dhaka Division. The investment for land purchase and construction amounts to 2.3 billion taka ($30m).

Honda Narsapura plant

Honda India two-wheeler production boost


India – The addition of a fourth assembly line at Honda’s Narsapura plant will add another 600,000 units capacity, increasing the facility’s annual production capacity to 2.4m units. This latest expansion increases Honda 2Wheelers India’s total annual production capacity to 6.4 million units from its four plants.


Touch and go


The diversity of parts produced by automotive tier suppliers sees them use both contact and non-contact measurement techniques


KTM steps up the pace


KTM has grown rapidly and is now looking to increase production volumes. Nick Holt visits the firm’s manufacturing facilities at Mattighofen, Austria

Vehicle Assembly (Pulsar200 RS)

Small vehicles, big numbers


Building motorcycles in India is all about high volumes. AMS takes a look at Bajaj Auto’s plant at Chakan

Ford Sanand Vehicle Assembly and Engine Plant

India: The last BRIC standing


As other emerging markets decline, India is still seeing significant investment by global vehicle-makers Vehicle-makers are stepping up their campaigns to crack the difficult Indian automotive market after the country became the most promising of the emerging BRIC nations following market collapses in Brazil and Russia and a cooling in ...

China motorcycle production

Two-wheeler troubles


Restrictions in urban areas and a lack of brand clarity are threatening China’s two-wheeler dominanceThe once-mighty Chinese motorcycle industry is close to losing its title of the world’s biggest, as restrictions on sales bite at home and it fails to create memorable brands with which to expand abroad. The industry ...


India: Two wheels still good


Unharmed by the economic downturn, manufacturers of motorcycles and scooters are now pressing ahead with plans to increase production – building new plants and expanding existing facilitiesThe biggest motorcycle and scooter market in the world is back at full throttle after surviving India’s economic slump of the last couple of ...


South-Eastern success


Turbulent politics aside, tiger economies such as Thailand and Indonesia are seeing further auto growthThe tigerish automotive markets of South-East Asia have not been quite so rampant in 2014 as the turbulent politics of its two leading vehicle-producing countries, Thailand and Indonesia, put a downer on the industry. Thailand’s politics ...

Bosch, India

Bosch in €160m multi-site Indian expansion


India – The technology and services supplier will enhance existing manufacturing sites plus research and development facilities. Bosch has recently expanded its manufacturing facility for automotive components in Chennai, where it is also constructing a new Bosch and Siemens Hausgeräte plant, and by 2015 a diesel plant will have been ...

Eugenio Razelli, Magneti, and Pawan Munjal, Hero

New powertrain partnership between Magneti and Hero


India – The two companies have agreed to establish a joint venture aimed at the production of powertrain systems for the two-wheeler market, in which Hero MotoCorp will hold a 60% stake and Magneti Marelli the remaining 40%. The construction of a production plant for the JV is planned for ...


A taste for two wheels


The world’s largest motorcycle market still has room for expansion

NO TITLE [47094]


India – The two companies have agreed to establish a joint venture aimed at the production of powertrain systems for the two-wheeler market, in which Hero MotoCorp will hold a 60% stake and Magneti Marelli the remaining 40%. The construction of a production plant for the JV is planned for ...


Total turnkey paintshops in India


As production grows rapidly in India, enterprising suppliers have come up with imaginative solutions to finishing system challenges


India’s sunrise sector


The Indian government is on a mission to make its booming automotive industry a world contender. The country is encouraging the development of affordable and efficient vehicles, and carmakers are responding with keen interest

AMS Site sign up