AMS Summer 2022 – BMW prepares for Neue Klasse EV platform
The latest AMS digital edition details how battery, EV and digital production processes are reshaping automotive manufacturing, featuring in-depth features on BMW, Tata, ZF, Britishvolt, Ford, Bentley and more.
In this issue we take an inside look at how BMW is reconfiguring its Munich plant for an all new EV platform with insights from plant director Peter Weber. Tata Motors’ vice-president Mohan Savarkar discusses managing shorter product lifecycles and keeping model ranges fresh. ZF’s Arno Güllering explains how the company is building employee buy-in to the transformative changes it is implementing. We also discuss building a battery gigafactory from scratch and developing the supporting digital infrastructure with Britishvolt’s David Threlfall. Faraday Battery Challenge director, Tony Harper shares some insights into the latest developments in battery cell technology.
Register free or to access features including:
- BMW prepares for Neue Klasse EV platform – Plant director Peter Weber says flexibility key in Munich overhaul for EV platform
- Tata Motors: Mohan Savarkar on keeping product line-ups fresh for demanding markets
- ZF: Arno Güllering reveals how the tier-1 is upskilling and motivating its workforce in the transition to electrified powertrains
- Britishvolt: CIO, David Threlfall discusses progress with the gigafactory and developing the digital infrastructure for production
- Faraday Battery Challenge: EV battery cell development
- 3D printing: a step closer to mainstream production
- Ford: Autonomous additive manufacturing
- Bentley: Increasing the use of 3D printing processes beyond prototyping