US – The changes, effective from April 1, are intended to “strengthen regional integration in North America”, according to Jim Lentz, Toyota’s CEO for the area. The company announced in April 2014 that it was establishing new headquarters at Plano, Texas, for its North American manufacturing, sales and marketing and corporate operations, with a new identity of Toyota Motor North America (TMNA).
The key appointments are as follows:
– Osamu Nagata as executive vice-president (EVP) and chief financial officer, Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), in Japan, joining the TMC board of directors in June (currently EVP and chief administrative officer, TMNA, and senior managing officer, TMC);
– Tetsuo Ogawa as EVP and chief administrative officer, TMNA, based in Plano and reporting to Lentz (currently managing officer, TMC);– Osamu Ushio as general manager of Tahara Plant, Japan, while continuing as executive general manager, TMC, (currently EVP of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America (TEMA), as well as executive general manager of TMC);
– Tadahisa Isono as EVP, Manufacturing, TMNA, and executive general manager, TMC, reporting to Lentz (currently senior vice-president (SVP) of Production Engineering, TEMA);– Seiya Nakao as vice-chairman and president, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing China; EVP, Toyota Motor China Investment; and managing officer of TMC in Japan (currently president of Toyota Technical Center and EVP, TEMA);
– Shinichi Yasui as EVP, TMNA R&D; president of TEMA; and managing officer, TMC, reporting to Lentz (currently executive general manager, Mid-size Vehicle Company, TMC);
– Chris Nielsen as EVP and chief quality officer, Product Support, TMNA, and executive general manager, TMC, reporting to Ogawa (currently SVP and chief quality officer, Product Support, TMNA).