Japan – The appointments, effective from April 1, are at the level of executive vice-president (EVP), senior vice-president (SVP) and corporate vice-president (CVP). Nissan said there will also be a “reinforced” Total Customer Satisfaction Division active across the business, from R&D and manufacturing to sales and showroom service.
“Fiscal year 2016 will be crucial for Nissan as we enter the last year of our Nissan Power 88 business plan,” said Carlos Ghosn, president and CEO of the vehicle-maker. “We have further enhanced our management team to ensure we have the long-term focus and discipline needed to maintain a robust business as we pave the way towards a sustainable future.”
The list of appointments released by Nissan is as follows:
- Daniele Schillaci, EVP of Global Marketing and Sales, takes on extra responsibilities for electric vehicles and batteries, reporting directly to the CEO
- Kimiyasu Nakamura, EVP Total Customer Satisfaction, assumes the additional primary role of the Management Committee chairman of Japan, Asia and Oceania
- Asako Hoshino, SVP of Japan Marketing and Sales, is to head up the Operations Committee for Japan
- Noboru Tateishi, CVP Infiniti Product Development, is promoted to SVP, Total Customer Satisfaction
- Yoshikazu Nakai, VP Total Customer Satisfaction for production, field quality and quality auditing, becomes CVP
- Atsuhiko Hayakawa, VP and Alliance global director of Powertrain Production Engineering, is promoted to CVP
- Haruhiko Yoshimura, VP and Alliance Global VP of Vehicle Production Engineering, is promoted to CVP
- Kinichi Tanuma, chief vehicle engineer of Infiniti, is promoted to CVP R&D with responsibility for Infiniti Product Development
- Alfonso Albaisa, executive design director of Infiniti, is promoted to CVP and takes on responsibility for the strategic and business management of the global design centre
- Shunichi Toyomasu, CVP R&D of Electrical Engineering and System Engineering, becomes a fellow for Vehicle Integration Technology of electronics and mechatronics
- Takashi Yoshizawa, general manager, is promoted to VP of R&D Autonomous Driving and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and Chassis Engineering
- Catherine Perez, programme director, is promoted to VP programme directors
- Yutaka Sanada, VP programme directors, is appointed to regional SVP and head of the Operations Committee for Asia and Oceania
- Shingo Yamamoto, EVP and chief information officer at Calsonic Kansei Corporation, becomes regional SVP Administration and Finance for the Management Committee Japan, Asia, and Oceania.
In addition, the vehicle-maker announced that the following personnel are leaving Nissan Motor:
- Takao Katagiri, EVP and chairman of the Management Committee Japan, Asia, and Oceania, transfers to Nissan Motorsports International and Autech Japan
- Toru Hasegawa, CVP Asia and Oceania, moves to Yokohama Marinos
- Atsushi Hirose, CVP Manufacturing, is retiring.