Do you have a curiosity for all things B2B and Automotive?
Do you love cars? Are you curious about the changing automotive landscape? Do you want to be our analyst and expert, providing insight and intelligence for us and our B2B automotive audiences? Do you want to make a difference to the automotive knowledge economy? Do you want to be part of a business that will retain its publishing and events heritage AND add information, insight and intelligence services to its growth potential?
Ultima Media and specifically our automotive platforms (Manufacturing, Logistics, Design and IT) are looking for an Automotive Industry Analyst to be based in our west London offices (remote working | part time will also be considered).You will lead, shape and collaborate with our colleagues and partners to produce data, provide analysis and share intelligence for the automotive market through either free or paid for channels. You will become adept at writing insightful market reports, producing forecasts and predicting how these trends will impact the B2B automotive sector, by discipline, by market and globally, which we will share across any number of our channels including online, events and print.
Maximise your potential (and ours).
This is a new role for us and reflects our ambition to build on our traditional B2B publishing and events credentials with added data, insight and intelligence services, for the automotive market and our specialised subject areas. It’s a vibrant and faster changing automotive sector that requires expertise, opinion and forecasting: the impact of a fast transitioning EV market on manufacturing, supply chain and logistics; the influence of trade tariffs on day to day business; the future of design in cars; practical insights around smart manufacturing and clearly much more. Your role will be to work with the Editor-in-Chief directly and our wider editorial teams to provide answers, opinions and analysis for the wider B2B automotive market.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your market research, economic analysis, commercial knowledge and report writing capabilities. The position is available immediately. We are looking for an individual with a number of years under your belt and ideally in the automotive sector, to grow and develop your talents and to contribute to the growth of a transitioning and ambitious publishing and events business.
- Well-versed in researching economic and market trends using primary and secondary data collection methods in the automotive industry.
- - Highly literate with excellent writing skills, as written work is central to the role.
- - Comfortable with interpreting and producing numerical data.
- - Organised and able to meet publishing deadlines.
- - Analytically minded.
- - Solid IT skills.
- - Able to produce well-presented reports and briefings on a timely basis across our channels and to customers directly.
- - Around 5 to 10 years of experience as an analyst.
- - A degree, preferably in an economics, business or automotive-related subject.
- - Have a good understanding of the balance of editorial and the commercial demands.
- - Currently be eligible to work in the UK (as this position is available immediately),
- - Preferably be living in London although remote working | part time will be considered.
In the first instance please submit your interest to Gavin Miller, Managing Director Ultima Media via (by May 3rd 2019) email@example.com with:
- A summary CV outline.- A short outline of where you see the automotive industry over the next three years.- A couple of examples of analyses you have produced.