A factory changeover is the wrong time to identify interferences and issues with your factory layout. Problems at this stage can be expensive and lead to production delays. The solution is to create a single digital model of your factory, building upon familiar 2D layout techniques and adding 3D factory design capabilities.
Autodesk Factory Design Suite, part of the Autodesk solution for Digital Prototyping, aids manufacturers, machine and equipment builders to improve innovation during the factory design process. It provides solutions to integrate 2D and 3D design workflows to help you improve design efficiency and, crucially, identify problems in advance. You will be able to:
• Collaborate more effectively with suppliers and partners who use different CAD tools
• Reduce time spent on gathering on-site measurements
• Predict installation risks to understand clash and space constraints
• Improve design reviews with stakeholders early in the design process
During this webinar, you learned how to:
• Re-use existing 2D datasets
• Move from 2D to 3D and leverage existing datasets
• Use intelligent and parametric objects in the layout
To view this webinar on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch please download the free GoToMeeting.
This webinar was presented by:
Franz holds a MSc. in Engineering Management from Vienna University of Technology. Employed by Autodesk since 1992, he has worked in technical sales, sales development and field marketing. His industry experience in design and engineering technology provides a connection between solutions based technology and a passion for industrial machinery. Franz is an Industry Manager for industrial machinery in the manufacturing industry and business strategy team, to define and execute a global strategy for driving growth within the industrial machinery segment.