Interested in moving your career in automotive media and content to the next level? Consider joining our editorial team in a new role as Special Projects / Brand Editor
Are you an editor with a flair for bringing business challenges and success stories to life? Are you passionate about shaping and creating content that helps businesses grow? Are you keen to use your skills in writing, editing, digital, design, presentation, social media and marketing to create impactful content – including stories, campaigns, video, books, podcasts and pitches – for clients?
And if you’re especially interested in the automotive industry, from design to its global manufacturing, supply chain and technology, then we’ve got a fantastic opportunity for you.
Ultima Media and specifically the automotive markets in which it serves (manufacturing, logistics, design and technology) is seeking a Special Projects / Brand Editor to lead commercial content and special projects across our B2B portfolio with the ambition to extend into wider content marketing services for clients, globally.
This newly created role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to build a career in B2B publishing and events across our B2B automotive portfolio, which includes Automotive Manufacturing Solutions, as well as Car Design News and Automotive Logistics, and our newly created Autoworks content marketing channel.
The Special Projects / Brand Editor will lead in the creation, production and project management of commercial content across digital, print and event channels. As a key member of our editorial team, you will work with our in-house and external editors and designers, as well as sales and marketing teams, to produce content specific to Ultima Media platforms, clients or other channels.
With the ambition to grow Ultima’s commercial content and marketing services, you will also support and participate in presentations and pitches to clients.
Depending on experience and competitive. Profit share/bonus. Flexible and remote working options available.
- Develop, lead and project manage the creation of native content, whitepapers, supplements, webinars, videos, podcasts, and other special content projects for both Ultima platforms and other channels
- Shape and deliver content solutions in response to client briefs
- Help win new accounts through commercial sales pitches to clients and working directly with sales teams
- Write both short and long form copy
- Drive engagement for special content programs via social media (and accompanying tools such as SEO)
- Work with clients to produce content for their channels directly.
This position requires the ability to identify trends, guide topic development, and produce compelling content. It demands the ability to collaborate with internal teams, including Editorial, Sales, Marketing, Design and Conference Operations, as well as clients and external partners.
- Experience with B2B publishing and conferences
- Journalistic background including writing, commissioning and editing articles to tight deadlines across print and digital platforms
- Excellent project management skills including managing and liaising with multiple stakeholders and clients
- Strong understanding of commercial content across social, digital and print
- Experience of pitching to new clients and writing commercial sales pitches
- Proven track record of delivering great commercial content projects from client briefs
- A track-record of creating or evolving content strategies and delivering content in line with those strategies
- Comfortable focusing on regular content updates whilst able to switch to more strategic design & content thinking when needed
- A clear understanding of how research, testing and data analytics can help to shape editorial content and strategy
- Experience and understanding of how personalisation can improve digital experiences
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Preferably living in the London area although remote working will be considered
- 3+ years editorial experience is preferred
Please submit your interest to Christopher Ludwig, Editor-in-Chief, Ultima Media (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include:
1) Your CV
2) Samples from your portfolio of editorial and commercial content
3) A short article (300-500 words maximum) about an automotive company that interests you
- Bonus scheme
- Work from home/flexible working opportunities
No comments yet