Watch: Electrifying Production – How to build an electric future (Pt.2)
In the second part of our Electrifying Production Livestream series, AMS explores how OEMs are ramping up EV production through modular strategies, data analytics and advanced joining and metrology tools. Featuring Volkswagen Group, Ford, Renishaw and Atlas Copco.
Electrification is bringing new production processes, technology and skills into OEM assembly plants and across the value chain. In this episode, experts from Volkswagen Group and Ford talk about the changes to tooling, production flow and digitalisation from the shift to electric vehicle and electrified powertrain manufacturing. They are joined by inspection and metrology expert Renishaw and joining technology specialist Atlas Copco to discuss best practice and technology opportunities in scaling up EV and battery production. Topics covered include insights on EV platform and battery impacts on plant layout, production flow and equipment, automation opportunities, integrating software and updates across assembly processes, as well as digitalisation opportunities.
This episode features the following segments of interviews, presentations and panel discussions:
- Minutes 0.00 - 6.00 – Insight on how electric vehicles are changing OEM production processes – AMS
- Minutes 6.00 - 20.00 – Launching ID.3 production in Dresden and lessons learned – Danny Auerswald, Volkswagen
- Minutes 20.00 - 31.30 – Advanced inspection in EV production – Gareth Tompkinson, Renishaw
- Minutes 31.30 - 43.00 – Bringing electrified powertrains into their E-Prime – Chris White, Ford
- Minutes 43.00 - 59.00 – Joining innovations for EV and battery case production – James McAllister, Atlas Copco
- Minutes 59.00 - 90.00 – Panel discussion
- Danny Auerswald – Plant Manager at the Transparent Factory Dresden, Volkswagen Group
- Chris White – Electrification Manager, Manufacturing Engineering, Europe, Ford Motor Company
- Gareth Tomkinson – Business Development Manager, Renishaw
- James McAllister – General Manager ACTIAS (Atlas Copco Tools & Industrial Assembly Solutions), Atlas Copco
Register or login to watch