AMS Electric Vehicles – The road to e-mobility
In this latest AMS digital edition we will look closely at how manufacturers are developing and finetuning their electric powertrain technologies, platforms and production processes, with in-depth features on Skoda, GM, Ford, Volta Trucks, REE Automotive and more.
In this edition we will look closely at how manufacturers are developing and finetuning their powertrain technologies, platforms and production processes. Skoda’s chief of production, Michael Oeljeklaus sets out the OEM’s plans to produce more EVs and improve efficiency. GM has been developing its Ultium branded programme to support its electric vehicle development. The OEM’s director of global battery cell and electrification strategy, Tim Grewe, shares some insights into cell chemistries and battery formats. Ford has seen huge demand for its F-150 Lightning. Christopher Skaggs, Ford’s battery electric vehicle planning and implementation manager, discusses how the Rouge production plant is being upgraded and expanded to increase output.
New electric vehicle producers, Volta Trucks and REE Automotive discuss some of the keys to start-up success and how they have been developing flexible vehicle architectures. Battery formats and anode/cathode materials continue to develop as OEMs seek to optimise costs, supply chains and processes. We look at the big difference relatively small changes in materials and chemistries can make, and get some insight’s into the development and outcomes of Williams Advanced Engineering’s Multi-Chem battery technology.
Ensuring testing and quality control processes keep pace with the scale-up of production volumes of battery cells and motors, will be a key element to continued development and production. Mahle opened the doors to its newly upgraded test facility, offering an insight into the test equipment and process requirements for electric and fuel cell powertrains.
Register free or to access features including:
- Skoda production chief Michael Oeljeklaus sets out the Czech brand’s route map to more EVs and more efficiency in this interview
- GM’s director of global battery cell and electrification strategy, Tim Grewe, discusses the company’s EV Ultium programme
- REE Automotive’s vice president of engineering, Peter Dow, shares some insights into the company’s production and application of its corner technology
- Christopher Skaggs, Ford’s battery electric vehicle planning and implementation manager at its Rouge plant, discusses F-150 Lightning production
- Volta Truck’s chief manufacturing and logistics officer, Kjell Walöen, on keys to start-up success
- Changing chemistry: EV battery developments to meet energy, cost and cell design requirements
- Williams Advanced Engineering has developed a Multi-Chem battery technology that could meet the requirements of a range of vehicle types
- AMS visits Mahle’s newly upgraded test facility to get an insight into the equipment and process requirements for electric and fuel cell powertrains