We give our audiences a decisive edge.
Who are we?
Ultima Media is a lively and creative B2B media company serving the global automotive industry under a number of brands including - Car Design News, Automotive Logistics and Automotive Manufacturing Solutions. We produce across digital platforms, events, broadcast (virtual events, livestream and podcast) and print. We are a team of 30 who work on a hybrid basis from our office in Hammersmith with a requirement of office attendance for at least 2 days per week.
Ultima Media is part of SWMH and Süddeutscher Verlag, one of Germany’s largest media groups, which includes national and regional newspapers, specialist and technical publishing.
Automotive Manufacturing Solutions provides news, insights, intelligence and connections for the global automotive manufacturing community.
What is the job?
Assistant Editor, Automotive Logistics and Manufacturing Solutions
We’re looking for an assistant editor to play a core role in writing and producing content at Automotive Logistics (AL) and Automotive Manufacturing Solutions (AMS), the leading B2B media platform covering news, trends, technology, people and transformation across the global automotive manufacturing community.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a passion for B2B journalism and content, covering dynamic businesses and technology in new and creative ways; have great writing flare and flawless editing skills; will be experienced at interviewing leaders and innovators online and in person as a moderator and panel member; and will have the digital savvy to support our online reach, multimedia and audience growth ambitions.
The assistant editor will write and produce compelling B2B editorial content on automotive logistics and manufacturing for AL and AMS and on related topics as relevant to other Ultima Media audiences, including Car Design News. This role will take a lead on writing original news, interviews, features and insight and support content production across all channels, including online, print and digital editions, newsletters, social media, broadcast/livestream, events, sponsored content and special projects.
The right candidate will also play an active role in helping to host and moderate key sessions for AL & AMS, Ultima and client events, livestreams and podcasts.
The core objective will be to grow audiences, user engagement and registrations for AL & AMS channels; to grow and optimise multimedia and digital formats; and to ensure innovative, error-free content that is targeted at informing, delighting and surprising our expert audiences across automotive production.
The assistant editor works with the AL & AMS Editors and has a direct link to the Editor-in-Chief on strategic objectives, while collaborating closely with colleagues in events, sales, marketing and graphic design.
There is considerable room for growth, including by specialising in key parts of the portfolio, taking ownership of specific editorial output, and helping to launch new products.
You will be responsible for
- Producing news, analysis and features on automotive manufacturing and related topics for daily publication across the AL & AMS website and digital channels
- Interviewing senior automotive decision makers and key experts and producing high quality and timely content in various formats
- Editing and uploading content from internal and external contributors, and keeping website homepage and landing pages up to date
- Tracking analytics and rankings, applying SEO and keyword optimisation to drive traffic, increase social media and newsletter users
- Ultimately supporting production and fulfilment of all AL & AMS editorial products across the content calendar, ensuring delivery to the right audience relevance, quality, style and tone of voice
- Attending relevant AL & AMS and industry events (online and in person) to provide editorial coverage and represent AL & AMS and Ultima Media
- Expanding network of key decision makers and stakeholders in automotive manufacturing, engineering and technology
- Collaborating with other Ultima Media content, marketing and sales team to meet audience and revenue objectives
A full job description and recruitment pack is available on application.
Who are you?
You will have the following experience and skills -
You should have:
- Three or more years’ experience as B2B writer, reporter, journalist, editor: specifically producing original news, features and interviews, ideally but not limited to automotive, manufacturing and industrial sectors
- Experience subbing and editing editorial B2B content at a fast pace
- Strong understanding of online platforms and publishing tools, including content management systems, analytics and SEO strategy
- Strong interviewing skills
- Track record acquiring exclusive interviews with experts and senior leaders
- Good moderating, panel hosting and public speaking skills
- Track record in producing engaging social media content and attracting followers
- Keen interest and ability to understand target audiences, especially for B2B
- Creative, open minded and hands-on attitude, ready to produce quality content at pace and make a difference
It would be nice to have:
- Experience with publishing production tools, including InDesign, Photoshop and similar
- Experience with video and audio editing software
- Experience or interest in events and online broadcast
- Print production and editing skills
- Network of industry connections in automotive, design or technology sectors
To apply please send us your CV
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Ultima Media is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Ultima Media.
No comments yet